I loved this story. It was short, funny and I still took a lot from it. I think firstly it showed what little kids really know and without learning about certain things they will make up a whole different think then what really happened in the world. For example in this story it shows what little the kids know about Hitler and Anne Frank and don't understand the true importance of it. I don't think I was very affected by the holocaust till 6 grade. Before 6th grade I knew what it was and could say a couple facts about it but what really affected me what when we saw a video and saw a pile of hundreds and hundreds of dead humans. This scared me and is the first step that actually got me to understand the holocaust. Without having a incident like this I didn't know how many people 6 million was and looked at 6 million as just a number with no meaning but now I know that, that is 6 million families ruined.
A childhood story I think would be from my JK (Junior Kindergarden) year. On the news I heard something about Nazis and thought they sounded cool because they had guns. My friends and I all day would go around the play ground and call ourselves Nazis and pretend to do secret missions. I am surprised I didn't get in tons of trouble because at the time I was at Anshe Emet, a VERY Jewish school. I didn't know a lot about Nazis and thought they were secret agents working for america and because of that I would look up to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment